Levamed® – How to Fit and Apply the Ankle Support Sleeve | medi USA
The Levamed active ankle support provides additional protection against twisting thanks to it's individual adjustable and removable strap system.
- Massage effect from the integrated silicone inserts to support the reduction of swelling
- Compressive knit to improve guidance and stabilisation of the joints
- Very breathable and moisture transporting Clima Comfort fabric
- Specially knitted Comfort Zone over the instep prevents constriction and pressure areas
- A donning aid is supplied with each product (for easier donning over sweaty feet)
- Please watch the Levamed active product video for more details (video symbol within product image)
Polyamide, Polyester, Elastane
Wash product by hand, preferably using medi clean washing agent.
- Chronic ligamentous instability with recurrent supination traumas (twisting of the foot)
- Joint sprain with overstretch of the capsule
- During second phase of treatment for deltoid ligament injuries
- Follow-up treatment of fractures not requiring a cast
- Acute or chronic post-traumatic or postoperative irritation of the talocrural and subtalar joints
- Conservative treatment of injuries of the syndesmosis not requiring surgery
Side effects on the overall body are currently unknown. However, if aids such as braces are applied too tightly, local pressure effects or narrowing of the blood vessels or nerves may occur in some cases. For this reason, you should consult your physician prior to use under the following conditions.
- Diseases or injuries of the skin in the area of application, especially in case of signs of inflammation (excessive heat, swelling or redness)
- Sensory and circulatory disorders of the legs and feet (e.g. as a result of diabetes)
- Lymph drainage problems, as well as indistinct swelling of soft tissues outside of the area of application
Combination with other products, e.g. compression stockings, should be discussed in advance with the attending physician.