Donning and Doffing medi Calf Stockings is not hard once you understand how.
Key Points: Donning and Doffing medi Calf Stockings
Donning (putting on) and doffing (taking off) compression stockings, such as medi Calf Stockings, can be a bit tricky, especially if you’ve never done it before. Below are the steps for each.
- Start your day by putting on your medi Calf Stockings first thing in the morning before any potential swelling can occur.
- Hold the stocking by the top band and turn the upper half inside out.
- While sitting, gather up the stocking so that the heel pocket is right at the back of your hand.
- Slip your foot into the stocking as far as the heel pocket, ensuring that the heel of the stocking aligns with your own heel.
- While keeping your heel in place, pull the stocking over your foot and up your leg. Unroll the rest of the stocking over your calf without twisting or bunching.
- The top band of the stocking should be below your knee. Make sure the stockings are smooth against your skin without any wrinkles.
- Use your hand to smooth out any wrinkles. Be sure not to pull on the stocking top, as it can cause it to overstretch or tear.
- While sitting, hold the top band of the stocking and slowly roll it down your leg.
- When the stocking is off your calf, you can pull it over your heel and off your foot.
- Avoid pulling on the top of the stocking to remove it, as this can cause it to overstretch or tear.
- You may want to wear rubber gloves. This can help you get a better grip on the stockings and avoid damaging them with your fingernails.
- There are also special aids available to help put on and take off compression stockings. If you have difficulty with mobility, flexibility, or strength, these aids can be very helpful.
- Be sure to wash your stockings regularly following the manufacturer’s instructions. This helps them maintain their elasticity and effectiveness.
- Lastly, keep your skin and nails smooth and clean. Rough skin or nails can damage the stockings.
Please always consult your healthcare provider or a specialist for personal advice.