If you find it difficult from time to time selecting the appropriate orthopedic product for your ailment, you are not alone. There are many product choices and illnesses to treat. A good place to start is by selecting the right material of the brace or support to best fit your condition and lifestyle.
Neoprene-based products are good for keeping the impacted joint or body part warm for arthritic-type conditions. A knit product, on the other hand, will be more breathable and help transport moisture for more active individuals.
Benefits of Knit
- Compression profile can be finely tuned
- Breathability prevents overheating
- Comfortable to wear for long periods
- Low profile fits easily under clothing
Benefits of Neoprene
- Lower price
- Provides warmth to stimulate recovery and loosen joints and muscles
- Can be adapted for either sleeve design or wrap-around
- Wrap-around construction is easier to apply and remove