What are inelastic compression wraps?
Compression wraps are made of soft, inelastic material that has very low stretch. These garments are applied by pulling on the bands and enclosed with a hook & loop or Velcro® fastener. The more force applied during application, the greater the compression level.
The benefits to using a compression wrap to other compression products such as bandages or compression stockings are:
- Easy of application
- Instant compression adjustability
- Higher containment for larger limbs or edema control
- Can be worn both day and night
What compression wraps are best for vein conditions?
The inelastic compression wrap segment has grown significantly with several product choices from a number of reputable brands. The circaid® inelastic line of compression products is grouped by types of disease conditions and the stage within the treatment process. The circaid products for vein disease are the juxtaCURES® for the early treatment of venous leg ulcers and the juxtalite® products for the long-term treatment of venous problems.
Why healthcare providers select circaid most often for their patients:
- Accurate and measurable compression can be prescribed
- Patients find the juxtaposed bands are easy to apply
- The compression legging has anti-bacterial properties to keep clean and help with odor
- The Breathe-o-prene® material is comfortable to wear
- The ability to be machine-washed and dried makes for easy care